What a Lovely Name™ is a tool for helping you find interesting and meaningful names for your new baby. When you find some names you like you can easily mail them to friends. There are multiple ways to browse our database of thousands of names, and for each name you can generate a beautiful logo. You can customize and download the logo for free to use any way you like or even order online merchandise emblazoned with your baby’s logo.
What people are saying about What a Lovely Name
“It’s a beautiful looking site and a bit of fun in new ways to choose your baby’s name. But that’s not the best bit. No, the best bit is the products page. Absolutely luxe designs featuring your baby’s name on a range of products. It looks totally high-end and deelish.” — Felicity Moore, Courier Mail
“With its streamlined design and user-friendly site, Whatalovelyname.com offers expectant mothers (and fathers) a fun and easy way to search for baby names… …The sleek design distinguishes WhataLovelyName, making it a welcome change from the large group of busy, difficult to navigate baby name sites.” — Noa Gafni, Webutantes
“Neato, and exceptionally designed.” — Chris Glass
“Forget the printed books and cluttered sites like this one [babynames.com], you can now pick your new baby’s name in style.” — Michael Arrington, TechCrunch
“If you’re a parent on the lookout for names that would fit nicely on your baby, What A Lovely Name is just the service for you. The startup is less cluttered than most of the similar sites are, and allows to easily find a list of names through an easy selection of few a keywords.” — StartupMeme
“The thought of having babies makes me cringe…but this site is actually making me have 2nd thoughts….” — commenter on How About Orange
If you are interested in becoming a sponsor of What a Lovely Name or in working with the team at Jackson Fish Market to build a new branded interactive consumer experience please check out our sponsorship page or contact: sponsor [at] jacksonfish [dot] com. We’ll be happy to answer any questions you may have.
Many things went into the construction of What a Lovely Name. Here are a few:
- Our trusty Baby Logo Generator can generate 432 different logos for each baby name? What newborn doesn’t need 432 different logos to choose from to represent their personal brand?
- You don’t have to use the Baby Logo Generator only for babies. You can even make a cool logo for yourself. Shhhh, don’t tell anyone.
- The American Robin that sometimes makes an appearance in the logos is the second bird to appear in a Jackson Fish Market experience. Can you name the first?
- One day during development, Walter, Jenny, and Hillel ended up at the Metropolitan Grill for lunch. Steak was eaten. We felt like were working at some big fancy downtown company.
- This site would not have been built were it not for the fine development skillz (with a z) of webdev extraordinaire – Kevin. Thank you Kevin!
- Also, our friend Trina contributed some key visual DNA to the site — one of the main reasons it looks like it does.
- During the development of What a Lovely Name, Barack Obama was elected the 44th President of the United States of America. And yes, both “Barack” and “Obama” are in the database.
- The site is hosted by the folks at SliceHost
- This is the first site for which we’ve created a small launch video. Check it out. No babies were harmed in the making of the video. Really, they were crying when we got there.